Buyer – Groundworks
We are looking for a proactive experienced buyer with groundworks/civil engineering experience to join our growing team in Hertfordshire. You must be a self starter and have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
Your role will include but it not limited to:
- Pricing up all materials included in project plans and drawings.
- Getting quotes for and procuring construction plant and equipment for purchase and hire.
- Researching, potential suppliers and new products.
- Gathering, quotes from supplier’s negotiating on price and lead times ensuring that they are competitive
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well‐organised work schedule.
- Raising purchase orders in accordance with procurement schedules and requests
- Regularly assessing the reliability of suppliers.
- Effectively manage the flow of materials with the suppliers
- Ensuring all the materials and service comply with Health and Safety regulations and standards.
- Giving indicative pricing to the project estimator for individual and multiple items
- Working closely with the estimator during the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided.
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured.
The ideal person will have:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Construction and groundworks buying experience
- Be IT literate with experience of using costing/ordering software.
- Understanding of construction and civils materials.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Budgeting skills
- Have your own transport and be within a 30mmin drive to Borehamwood and Hertford (we are moving to Hertford next year)
Job Type: Permanent
Type Of Role
Dependent on experience per annum