Ark Pioneer Academy Pitch Construction
The construction of approximately 2Ha of Natural sports field for a new school in Barnet, Hertfordshire. Project consisted of cut and fill earthworks which included a re-design from ATB to incorporate excess material excavated from the civils works on site.
ATB delivered the project working along side the main contractor Bowmer & Kirkland who carried out the construction works for the new school building.
Soil Screening and stone picking operations were undertaken to improve soil quality and a fully integrated primary and secondary drainage system installed. Due to very dry summers ATB were able to utilise one of our temporary irrigation tanks to aid fast and successful establishment.
- Stripping pitches of vegetation
- Soil screening works
- Cut and Fill re-design by ATB
- Topsoil strip and replace (20,000m2)
- Cut and fill (approximately 6000m₃)
- Installation of both primary and secondary drainage