The upgrade of an existing sports field with three different pitches, these comprise of a senior pitch and two junior pitches. As part of a school facility improvement plan ATB were instructed to undertake a comprehensive package of works to improve the facilities at Ashmole academy by the main contractor Morgan Sindall.
The works included the stripping of vegetation and cultivation of all pitches. Installation of both primary and secondary drainage, minor grading works, seeding and fertilisation. As part of the build ATB had to manage the waste arisings from the constriction site and perform landscaping works to shape these around the sports field. Due to the hot summer ATB also utilised our own portable irrigation system to ensure fast and successful establishment of the grass
- Stripping pitches of vegetation
- Cultivation and regrading within existing contours
- Installation of both Primary Drainage and Secondary Drainage
- Sand amelioration into surface
- Seeding and fertilizing
- Agronomic Maintenance package that involved the growing in of the pitches